Re: [LUG] DIY router

I saw some negative comments about the article online. So it's a bit of a beast, I built a Linux network device with more omph. He could use the oomph to proxy really big files, like Ubuntu packages.

On the other hand I'm sick of my router hanging, but it has a modem too. Probably time to brave OpenWRT or similar.

BT have my cabinet in connect phase of FTTC so I'm thinking instead of getting off the shelf, get me a router that'll run a free Linux distribution for the new connection. Where do I start?

If it's PPPoE do I even need a router? Could just plug in the existing Debian PC and turn it into wireless access point rather than wireless client. It's on all the time.