Re: [LUG] SSD's and a second hard drive

Hi Rich,

The SSD shouldn't be the problem. They "just work" and don't need to be treated any differently these days.

Do you know which program has stopped?

And yes, you can mount another hard drive to /home. There's lots of guides out there, but the basic method is:

Log in as root (or sudo -s to get there on ubuntu if there's no root user - may be better in single-user mode, although I've done it on a live system a few times).
Move /home to /home2 or similar
Mount new drive as /home and amend fstab so that happens automatically.
Copy everything from /home2 to /home including sub-dirs and hidden files.