Re: [LUG] Email on raspbian

I've not tried it, but Thunderbird is called out specifically in the blog post as being one of the clients that doesn't work. Now, that blog post is a year and a half old, so Thunderbird may have added OAuth2 support since then, but unless it has, it shouldn't work either.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 at 10:12 Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14/03/16 09:56, Steven CÃtà wrote:
> This link should explain pretty much everything you need.
> http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2014/07/more-secure-gmail-authentication.html
>
> Basically the short of it is that they only allow OAuth2 by default, but
> you can change that setting on gmail.
>
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 at 16:13 Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>Â Â ÂTrying to configure Claws on raspbian on the Pi but Gmail rejects it as
>Â Â Âan insecure device.
>Â Â ÂAny tricks to get past this?
>Â Â ÂTom te tom te tom
>
>Â Â Â--
>Â Â ÂThe Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG
>Â Â Âhttp://mailman.dclug.org.uk/listinfo/list
>Â Â ÂFAQ: http://www.dcglug.org.uk/listfaq

I find it strange that Thunderbird is OK but IceOwl(?) and Claws using
the same comms methods arent
Tom te tom te tom