Re: [LUG] Pi Zero stuff

On 10/03/16 18:19, Tremayne, Steve wrote:
With "zero" research (see what I did there), how about the HiFiBerry?

That should (in theory) sit on the GPIO pins and do all the audio for you... and as the Pi0
got <Â5, then the cost of these little things won't be too upsetting :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: list [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: 10 March 2016 11:50
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Pi Zero stuff

I've been playing with the zero a bit.
I've not been very successful with Jack stuff for some reason (get problems on Pi2
as well) but it makes a fine synthesizer.
Using fluidsynth/qsynth inerface it works happily with a midi keyboard and tuxguitar
works fine too.
Cant get sonic pi to work on it (lack of ram?) but for Â4.20 its a stunning piece of
kit!
Tom te tom te tom

I use a Â5 guitar adapter (jack in for guitar/microphone, jack out for headphones) - you can get cheaper ones but I havent tried them. This is 16 bit sound for 1/3rd the price any of the pi specific stuff and appears to provide sound that would satisfy any audiophile in a double-blind test. With the tragic death of Keith Emerson today I think I can safely say you can use a Pi Zero to produce all of his music for less than a Â100 today!
Tom te tom te tom