Re: [LUG] 20160224 Possible Help OT small site hosting and CSS

I'm not sure I'd reach for Wordpress. I'd look for a managed CMS, Wordpress or other. Free software is good because you'll be able to export the content and take your business elsewhere if it goes sour.

I had a sniff around for free software static site builders but they all seem to think end users should master Markdown or know how to use GitHub, argh....

But I think a static sitebuilder is a good idea. All the stuff we did at ZyNet was ultimately pushing out static pages, or static pages with a few dynamic elements. Not that I'm averse to dynamically built sites as such, but they all seem to go insane, end up with dozens of fresh database queries per page and restrict your hosting options.