[LUG] 20160224 Possible Help OT small site hosting and CSS

Dear folk,
20160224 Possible Help OT   small site hosting and CSS

A local history group (small but with some active folk in
Cheshire/Occupied Lancashire) would like to create a website giving an
idea of what they are with a future program page and some links page of
notes on local history events

At present no thought of archives of past talks, photos etc. but I
assume that would be wanted in future.

What are your recommendations?
Who to be website host?
What website creation/maintenance program to use, assuming two to three
folk would post to site.

I use Joomla!, for my company site (small,only static pages, to meet
regulatory requirements) but that has a difficult learning curve.
Dropal probably worse learning curve, and WordPress while popular has
some safety problems.

Cost is also a factor.

Anyone in DCLUG with domain sale/hosting  capability and knowledge?
Advice welcome.

[My guess, is that I will be asked to create the website, but others
will post articles etc.]
--
regards
Eion MacDonald