Re: [LUG] Pi Zero

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016, Tom wrote:

On 08/02/16 18:08, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016, Tom wrote:

Just setting mine up and its  noticeably more 'agile' than the B.

Don't fiddle with the overclocking (yet) It runs at 1GHz by default. If
you start to try to overclock it, you'll only make it go slower!

Haven't tried it with the GUI as what I thought was a miniHDMI - HDMI
cable at home was a miniUSB - HDMI so I set the OS up on another PI
and ssh in.
Quite Extraordinary - smaller than the USB hub its connected to. The
two mini USB connectors can get a bit crowded if your leads have
'ergonomic' amounts of rubber around them!

You can power it via either USB connector.

My only wish would be for there to be another PWM available output!

There are 2... The SoC only has hardware PWM generators.
I was thinking of playing with generating the 50Hz drive for an inverter so can I have one pin doing the +ve half of the cycle and another one doing the -ve?

I had someone use my softTome library to drive an SMPS used to generate high voltage for those glow wire thingys. It would be trivial to make that code use 2 pins and make one inverted.

I don't know if the Pi's PWM generator is synchronised between both outputs, but you can invert the signal to them.

Do note that the Pi's PWM is NOT mark:space by default.

Gordon