Re: [LUG] Wifi nto working

Very Recently my wifes Windows (cough cough) 10 laptop along with people at work all had wifi issues recently after an recent Microsoft auto update failed. What I did to resolve it was - I know this sounds cliche - turn it off and on and make sure all the updates finished properly. Restarted again and then we were back in business. I didn't even need to go near the dreaded event log.

I realise that's only vaguely useful if its Windows 10 laptop or maybe there are some other folk this may be applicable to.

Kind Regards

Matt

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/01/16 13:23, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:09:05 +0000
> Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I did ask, and she claims that she has not touched anything,
>>>

>> That was what I thought. I had. Very embarrassing it was. As
>> mentioned I would suggest checking software and hardware switches.
>>

> Just to check. Hardware switch on the router. Software switch via the
> router software.
>
> Neil

Hi Neil

Maybe lspci, lshw, rfkill and modprobe would give you enough info to
determine if the card is present, is hard/soft switched/blocked and if
the drivers are loaded or not.

D.