Re: [LUG] VNC to Ubuntu from OS X

On 09/12/15 21:20, daniel Phillips wrote:
Would it not be better to ssh through a tunnel? might be more secure then telnet.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Matt Stevenson <mrmstevenson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My command telnet IPADDRESS 5900 has connection refused so I'm thinking its a firewall thing?
I think he was just using telnet to test if port 5900 was open

I'd go for teamviewer (and in fact do so), less hassle and keeps the firewall closed to direct access