Re: [LUG] psensor et all

On 22/11/15 11:57, Simon Avery wrote:
    Is just when the room is 20c its starts at 40c and this morning it
    was around 5c in here and it started at 40c... The fans don't start
    till over 50C

Gordon's absolutely right. The thermal mass is tiny and by the time the
computer's up and running enough to show you temps, the thing's already
reached operating temp.

That you say it later changes temp suggests it's working fine.

Unless it's actually on fire, best not to worry about it.

I've looked in a bit further - its seems 40C is the default temp in the code. I'm thinking the driver is only just started on demand so it says 40c even though it hasn't read the device yet. On monitoring the CPU temperature under usage it doesn't rise anywhere near fast enough on full load to rise from 5c to 40c in the time it takes to boot.
Tom te tom te tom