Re: [LUG] word press passwords

On 04/11/2015 10:54, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> I have a written document on remembering strong passwords which I give
> to my mother. If you like, I'd be happy to write up that document
> leaving it open for others to edit if they wish.
>
> On 4 Nov 2015 10:35 a.m., "Paul Sutton" <zleap@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:zleap@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

In teaching, older folk computer illiterate, and job-seekers 9partly
computer illiterate) My most difficult task is to get them to use
'reasonably secure passwords'

I adopt a system of demonstrating weak passwords,  strongish pass
phrases with at least 13 ~20 characters and a site specific prefix
padded to 6 characters, as best to remember, but NOT a complex random
character set. Thus each site has its own  specific but (weak due
formulaic base) password, but better than a simple word.
The human memory (and it is always the human) that is the weakest link

Example: after discussion with one person, for her XYZ site sign in

XYZ.-6&My1Dad-was20months-in-prison

"&My1Dad-was20months-in-prison" This bit being the repeat phrase

Somewhat user specific and not really guessable.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald