[LUG] Postgresql su user

Hey There

Recently found an open source CRM which integrates with Google drive and Calendar, runs on Python, Perl and Postgresql on Linux or Windows.

Have installed it once before version 8, was a bit fiddly eventually got it going.

Now am going to try version 9, with these instructions.
http://www.globalteckz.com/blog/how-to-install-odoo-version-9-on-ubuntu

I have this irritating loop where I cannot create Postgresql super users as root.
So I gather I will need a user account that is a member of sudoers file or group?

Is this right ?

Kind Regards

Matt