Re: [LUG] VPN

On 23/09/15 16:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Is a VPN a good idea

Yes. As others have correctly pointed out, it's not going to help with
your spam issues one little bit but it is nonetheless a good idea to
have one on tap. Or three.

It's like being behind seven proxies (apologies to the chans out there)
- there is no point in making it easier for the scum of the internet,
chiefly nation state agents who seem to despise anyone who isn't signed
into facebook fulltime with their actual real life ID.

Don't make it easier for them. Signal to noise ratio is a major issue
for the spooks and I personally take great pleasure in polluting the
pool for them as much as I can manage. Encrypt all the things, even
stuff that doesn't matter!