Re: [LUG] Any use by members of DC LUG of protonmail.ch

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:10:11 +0100
Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear folk,
> 20150919 Any use by members of DC LUG of protonmail.ch
>
> Due to the slight (for some major) complexity of using encryption
> under say Thunderbird/Enigmail or GnuOL plug in MS Outlook, I have
> recently switched to and have been using protonmail.ch as a email
> system between myself and Chinese folk for critical documents or
> messages. Does anyone else use protonmail.ch?
> What are your experiences?
> It appears that by jumping the wall my Chinese friends can reach
> protonmail.ch servers.

I have set up protonmail for myself, a while ago now. I wanted to see
if it was as easy to use as it seems. It is. I don't have any friends
in any 'difficult' countries. I just want to get some of my relations
and friends  to move over to it.

My first move to becoming more secure on the internet.

Neil