Re: [LUG] Firefox start page

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:28:39 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18/09/15 10:45, Brad Rogers wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 23:27:55 +0100
> > Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Julian,
> >
> >> Not in my experience Keith.  As I mentioned in my post, I always
> >> use the
> > Open another Ff window.
> >
> > Use Close Window button to shut either window.
> >
> > Ff doesn't quit.  It's that difference that Keith was referring to;
> > File menu -> Quit _always_ quits, but the close button only quits
> > if/when the window is the only one open for that app.
> Ah.. OK.  I understood the issue was with multiple tabs not multiple
> windows.
>
> Julian

In FF I use tabs. To me the silliest default is the one that closes
down FF completely if you click on the tab's close button when it is
the only  tab open. Crazy.

However, using config it is easy to change this. I have it set now that
to close FF I must use the X button, top right of the screen, or the
File -> Quit menu or Ctrl-Q. How many ways do I need?

I don't use multiple windows, so that may differ.

Neil