Re: [LUG] Fwd: Save WiFi

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 03:26:17PM +0100, Simon Avery wrote:
> I'm not altogether sure they could prevent if they wanted to...

I guess they could embed a code-signing public key in the hardware so
that it would only accept firmware signed with the corresponding private
key, which is only known to the manufacurer (and the US government).
It's the kind of thing you'd expect the FBI to propose.

But not the FCC. They tend to be OK.

Martijn.