Re: [LUG] Firefox start page

On 17/09/15 20:24, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 17/09/15 20:06, Tom wrote:
webserver on the machine but every time I launch I get this 'Well, this
is embarrassing!" crap. How do I stop this?

How do you shut down Ff?  That page makes it seem as though it's not
closing cleanly.

Turns out you are not to use the close button like every other program ever uses but go to the file menu and quit - or set an option in about:config. Seems to be a real bug when more than one tab open!
Tom te tom te tom
I'm slightly confused over your reported behaviour.

I've used constantly FF since v1 (Linux and Windows) and always use numerous instances with numerous tabs and practically always use the "close" button to shut the windows down. I never see that error page (well, for practical purposes. I do see it when I screw up elsewhere - type reboot from the cli for example).

I expect you have something else happening to cause the problem, it's not vanilla FF that's at fault - a plugin perhaps? Or access rights issues or corruption somewhere in your ~/.mozilla directory that's preventing the tab history from being saved?

Martin

I almost always close Ff with more than one tab open, and use the close button, and do not have problems with start up. However I have not seen anyone mention the dialogue box which advises you are about to close multiple tabs and offers the options to Quit, Cancel or Save and Quit. There is also a check box 'Do not ask next time'. If the box has been checked to suppress future dialogues, is this part of the problem?

Julian