Re: [LUG] windows 10 lol

On 08/08/2015 14:54, damian brown wrote:
> I'm using 10 as well and yes the boot was slower but it was only for the
> first few boots, now it boots faster than 7. Try running defrag. After
> installing my drive went from 0% to 13% it is also possible that it's
> installing updates
>
> On 14:38, Sat, 8 Aug 2015 alex <windswordcomputers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> So i did the upgrade to 10 from 7,slower than 7,slower boot up,i am so
>> glad i made a tib file of 7,will try this for a few weeks to see if it
>> will improve but i dont hold out much hope.
>> at least 7 kept up with zorin which is more than can be said for 10.
>> alex the noob
>>
>> --

I have an old donated machine which had a non working version of  an
illegal Windows version, changed to new install of legal Win 7. Upgraded
to Windows 10. Yesterday.
Old hardware specific 'recovery drive; and "HP tools" drive not
accessible. [OK, no problem, may wipe to bare extend C drive,].
Boot up seems only slightly slower than Windows 7.
Major hassle was resetting all settings for privacy during set up.
This machine will not be set up as dual boot.

Thanks for info.
 I will run defrag etc (CCleaner?) and then pass machine on to others.
I teach at a drop in centre at library, mostly old folk with ancient
computers & some job centre referred folk or old folk who have never
done any computing, so machine will now go to active use with a new
owner (who could never afford to buy a computer!).

Annoyed at insistence reminders to upgrade, as i will convert in
production machines gradually one by one, while trying system Win10 on
them. I was quite happy with Win 10 trials on virtual machine in two
production units.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald