Re: [LUG] ThinkPad X201 Docking Station

Hi Guys

On 20/07/15 13:03, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi All

Hope everyone is well. I have a X201 and have installed a docking station. Ubuntu recognises most elements of the station but has not picked up the dvd drive. Is there a command I can run to get Ubuntu to look for devices please? Or is there a different Linux distro that might be better at recognising the hardware please?

Thanks

Just ran:

sudo lshw -C disk
  *-disk
       product: TOSHIBA MK5061GS
       vendor: Toshiba
       physical id: 0.0.0
       bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0
       logical name: /dev/sda
       version: 2E
       serial: Y1O6P2HVT
       size: 465GiB (500GB)
       capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
configuration: ansiversion=5 logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512 signature=000a4064
  *-cdrom
       product: DVDRAM GU10N
       vendor: HL-DT-ST
       physical id: 0.0.0
       bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
       logical name: /dev/cdrom
       logical name: /dev/cdrw
       logical name: /dev/dvd
       logical name: /dev/dvdrw
       logical name: /dev/sr0
       version: MX05
       capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
       configuration: ansiversion=5 status=ready
     *-medium
          physical id: 0
          logical name: /dev/cdrom

Can anybody clue me as to what to do next please? Thanks

--
Kind regards

Richard Brown
07747 343637