[LUG] Rsync Failure

Hi All,

I do a weekly backup of my system to a USB drive, which recently died so now I backup to my NAS. However my mail folder (Thunderbird) is giving me problems which I never had with the USB drive. Some files copy properly but I also get a huge chunk of these lines:

rsync: rsync_xal_set: lsetxattr(""/media/julian/HERA/SYSTEM_BACKUP/MINT_HOME/home/julian/.thunderbird/30xnxm79.default/Mail/Local Folders/Friends.sbd/Offline.sbd/UK.sbd/Local.sbd/Guys.sbd/BrianA.mozmsgs/20070404225213.GA20082%40bloobird.co.uk.wdseml"","user.OECustomProperty") failed: Operation not supported (95)

It then hangs and refuses to carry on until I Ctrl+C and repeat the rsync command.

The key element I assume is 'Operation not supported (95)'. My question is why not when a lot of other files in the Thunderbird mail folder, and everything outside it, are copied OK?

Kind regards,

Julian