Re: [LUG] Spreadsheets

On 15/06/2015 08:17, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a family budget on a spreadsheet. However, I want
> to record transactions as they happen on a four weekly and monthly
> basis. This is for our main bills account. I don't want to track every
> expense just so's and dd's etc...
>
> Is it possible to do this in LibreOffice please?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Richard Brown
> Community Organiser
> 07747 343637
> http://cdco.org.uk/

Why reinvent the wheel?

Gnucash is over kill and not so easy for UK use.

If you accept Java there are options for a developed free bank account
program, as that is what I think you want consider, thus just the bank
input and output:

Buddi (Debian , Slackware etc)

JCash (somewhat difficult to start with but where I learned how to do
accounts)

Grisbi (Home bank account) Easy view on screen.

With any above I just enter the bank account data, from bank statement
on monthly basis, but not the small cash expenditure in pocket
expenditure (except as a lump sum 'out' per month.)
Much more detail can be done.

All of above are for home budgeting and recording. Results exported to
spreadsheet for storage if you want a record out of program
--
regards
Eion MacDonald