Re: [LUG] Adobe Acrobat for Linux?- solved

> On 10 Jun 2015, at 18:01, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> I am required to fill out a PDF form thing that when I download, doesn't give me
>> the form but gives me a page that says I need adobe; specifically:
>>
>> You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for WindowsÂ, Mac,
>> or Linux by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
>>
>> So I go there and there is no Linux choice.
>>
>> Anyone got a solution? (And running Windows isn't a solution as I really do not
>> have a Windows PC or valid license anymore)
>
> Getting no-where with this, but thanks for the replys. Can't even open it on a Mac
> with the latest Adobe. Thanks a lot uk.gov.
>
> Anyone want to have a go?
>
> https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-licence/food-premises-registration/teignbridge/change-1

I managed to open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro, on a mac.

I downloaded the file and, opened AAP, then opened the doc in aap via doc open.

Double clicking didnât work, nor did setting the the application/pdf-x to open with
acrobat. (defaulted to preview)

Adobe Acrobat Pro is available as part of the Adobe CC subscription.

Researching the file: it is generated by Adobe Lifecycle and is a live XFA form â in
short you can print it, edit it but not save it as a regular pdf or export as text.
the pdf document itself is just a wrapper, the form that appears is live.
I printed and scanned this back in
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3jbigvudl2a2su/Teignbridge.pdf?dl=0  a static regular
pdf. No tricky stuff.