Re: [LUG] Adobe Acrobat for Linux?

Hey Gordon,

I have used evince in the past if that helps.

Dan

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Tom wrote:

On 10/06/15 13:34, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I am required to fill out a PDF form thing that when I download, doesn't
give me the form but gives me a page that says I need adobe; specifically:

 ÂYou can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for WindowsÂ, Mac,
 Âor Linux by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

So I go there and there is no Linux choice.

Anyone got a solution? (And running Windows isn't a solution as I really
do not have a Windows PC or valid license anymore)

Thanks,

Get them to send you a paper copy.

I've already filled out the paper version then the chappie lost it, so he sent me an email. I can't even display it to print it and fill it out in wet ink, but I'll try some of the other viewers - I have only been using xpdf for a while now.

Todays headache: Dealing with Environmental Health and Trading Standards. Did you know that the soil association tried to block people from using the word organic on ingredient labels, even if the ingredient is organic?

So I buy organic flour, use it in a product, put "organic flour" in the ingredients and they don't want me to unless I join their little gang (Â500 a year). Fortunately DEFRA saw the light on that one...

And FYI: All white flour in this country contains the statutory additives of: Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin & Thiamin which I now also have to list in the ingredients, even though they're statutory.

Bah.

Gordon