Re: [LUG] arch derivatives

I felt the same way about cars.

Electric windows were just another bit to go wrong that made maintenance harder. Power steering - for wimps. Electric seat warmers....

I don't think you can buy a new car like that any more, but those marginal convenient add up, so I don't think you'd want to buy one, and it might not even be possible to meet emissions standards.

For operating systems I'm not sure the analogy is perfect. Did like Apple kicking some of the "antivirus" apps, because they don't have enough access to iOS to do useful stuff.

Core OS is interesting, but if you're running OpenSSL to implement 3 version of overly complex TLS protocols whilst supporting 3 versions of http, it's going to have holes.