[LUG] vivid upgrade

For the last many, many hours my trusty* Aspire One netbook has been
updating itself after months of neglect - the initial dist-upgrade took
long enough and then I decided it might as well be a 15.04 Vivid test
machine so did the usual "sed -i s/trusty/vivid/g /etc/apt/sources.list"
and ran the upgrade.

If anyone else is doing this, it will fail. A lot. Particularly with the
update to systemd instead of upstart multiple packages (whoopsie,
zram-config, etc) will fail with /etc/init.d/package-name-here not found
warnings: fix this by simply deleting any dangling simlink (the Vivid
installer doesn't understand softlinks apparently) and then issuing
"sudo touch /etc/init.d/name-of-complaining-package-here" and reforce
the install.

sudo apt-get -f install --force-yes

Be warned, as of Monday this week all Ubuntu 15.04 derivatives switch to
systemd irrevocably for their init system which you might not like very
much.

Cheers

Sat Mar 14 21:55:17 GMT 2015