Re: [LUG] Zen outage in D&C

Well, do you know what the problem was... Think belkin routers... Think firmware... Ahh PPPoE at last :)

Yes, that was my issue all along. Had to dig out an old adsl2 router, dust it off and had hoped to plug n play.

Found out that the issue was Belkin routers refuse to connect properly with an unknown bug. A router firmware upgrade fixed that!

Seems to be working fine and a quick speed test returns 6.3Mbs up 2.6Mbs down.

Sorry for bothering you all with this issue but I got there in the end.

Cheers folks

On 27 Feb 2015 21:25, <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:05:21 +0000, Daniel Robinson
<manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hello folks.
>
>I have been unable to connect to Zen since going live on the 24th.
>Today I understand there is an outage.
>Great start.
>Can people confirm they too have 0dBm output power on their downstream.
>And also let me know when things are working again.

Well look on the bright side at least they haven't given your personal
data to fraudsters like your previous ISP TalkTalk is currently in the
news for doing :)

Kevin