Re: [LUG] Checking a hard disk

On 22 February 2015 at 19:17, Roland Tarver <roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With this encouraging result, should I take it that the disk is totally fine to use or should I be running another diagnostic test?

Why did you run BB anyway - do you have a reason to think it's dodgy? (Other than like every other hard drive that has ever existed, it is merely lying in wait for the absolute worst time to fail. )

The test does what it's designed to do, but hdd firmware can mask bad blocks when it locks them away from the OS.Â