[LUG] UK digital skills report - evolving education to embrace creativity and diversity

sharing this x group because it that good.

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 07:56, Phillip Bicknell wrote:
>
> On 18 February 2015 at 23:47, Lisi Reisz  wrote:
>> Qualifications are all very well, but they often don't measure the ability to
>> think and create.
>
> Because education stands accused of quashing thinking and creativity:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

+1  this is the most articulated explanation of why the approach to education needs
to change iâve ever seen.

> Although those of us on the autism spectrum might retain the abilities:
> https://www.ted.com/talks/rosie_king_how_autism_freed_me_to_be_myself?language=en

Iâm not Autistic, but do suffer a mild dyslexia and iâve come to the conclusion that
its about modes of I/O, more specifically parallel execution, async operation vs in
line sequential information processing. In my mind everything is vivid,
communicating it is not. I can however see that not all variations of this kind of
divergence amplify the creative thought process.

I think that's why others like me, find solitude writing software, creating vivid
mental models that shift in real time in my head, yet and the ability to express
them with a distinct editable syntax in random order and see them simulated means
you can be productive and add value in the economy.

but that said it is an example of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakonomics (those
predisposed, will or are significantly more likely to) and when you artificially
stimulate and control you get artificial results.