Re: [LUG] Not the usual suspects

On 2015-02-06 11:14, Gordon Henderson wrote:
ISPs that do include Entanet (via a reseller), AAISP, IDNET and a few more now, but I don't have a recent list.

These are all independants but will use the BT Wholesale network as backhaul unless they have the option of reselling an LLU service - e.g. I think AAISP can now use the TalkTalk LLU wholesale service.

He mentioned FTTC, FTTP

I didn't think FFTC LLU was fully resolved, and I assume TT are using VULA.

I probably need a primer on how all this new fangled (not yet in Woodbury) technology works.
I use Entanet.
I use Entanet for ADSL.

Hear good things about AAISP still, which must be a decade of techies signing their praises. They offer static IPv4 and block of IPv6 for their FTTC.

In all cases you'll pay for the service you get, but you can pay just as much and not get good service.

BT are now offering 6 or 12 months free (depends which week it is), plus a router, plus some sports channels, plus WiFi offering, I fully expect if I accepted their offer I would get a corresponding level of support.