Re: [LUG] Linux at Work podcast

On 30 January 2015 18:14:36 GMT+00:00, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:00:18 +0000
Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Martijn,

Linux in a professional context. I thought the first episode was quite
good.

Less than a minute in, and I'm bored. I don't care for the "theme
tune" or about their basement, it's irrelevant. Far from drawing me in,
it does the opposite. I give up.

I haven't listened to these guys but couldn't disagree more. If you don't have some context about the presenters and they don't add some of their own lives and passion to it then it would just be a boring list of facts and we have plenty of websites for that.

Modern media (podcasts, youtube, etc.) is basically about creating a sense of community which I think is what Linux Outlaws did so well even if that means less facts per show.

Kevin