Re: [LUG] Firefox Update

On 26/01/15 09:25, NW wrote:
Had a bit of a problem when I tried to use Firefox this morning.
Eventually I realised that there must be a new version loaded by a
recent update, now on v 35. So I have had to mess around putting things
back to how I want them, eg tabs NOT on top.

I now see that some of the apps that I normally use, eg reminder fox,
are no longer there, so I will have to sort that out later.

Anyone else had this problem? I do wish FF would leave things as I want
them and not go back to the defaults just thorough an update.

Not pleased at all,

Neil

My v35 updated last week some time. I've got a bunch of plugins all of which survived the upgrade - I guess they either over-write the FF default layouts or weren't effected by the change.

The only change I noticed was the new "share this page" button on my toolbar (which I've now hidden).

Do you use the built-in FF Sync? That works well for me. I had to rebuild my profile last week (first time ever since I started using FF @ v1) to sort out a Flash(*) problem. FF Sync just rebuilt everything I needed with one click.

* I noticed a Flash update came through this morning so maybe it wasn't me after all...

Martin