Re: [LUG] First Ubuntu Phone Will Launch In Europe This February - OMG! Ubuntu! [feedly]

On 19/12/14 15:22, lug@xxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:17:39 +0000, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
whoo hoo - wanted to get it working on my Nexus 5 but never managed to
quite do it,.
At this price it could be fun... if it comes with a full gcc then I'm
going to have fun with that!

At first I thought the lower specs were a bit lame but on second
thoughts a high-spec Ubuntu phone wouldn't sell at all. At least at a
lower price developers can get one to muck around with even if they
have a mountain to climb competing with Android and iOS.

Kevin

Mountain to climb? If it can do HDMI, and if someone writes a decent mouse zoom so people can use apps with full blown interfaces on the small screen then it comes with 45,000 'apps' most of which android and IOS can only hope to exist in the future - most of which run fine on a 1.6Ghz intel machine so should squeeze into 1.3 Ghz quad core arm OK. If I can get rakarrack running on it that's about £2000 worth of guitar effects pedals for a start!
Tom te tom te tom