Re: [LUG] Removing a second distro

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:44:38 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27/10/14 13:47, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > On my laptop, which is a sort of test machine, I have two Linux
> > distros set up as a dual boot system. That works well. Now I am
> > wondering, if I decide to go back to having just one of them on the
> > machine, what is the correct way to remove the one I don't want? I
> > have done some research and, as often happens, I finish up more
> > confused than ever,
>
> All depends where your data is.
>
> But you can just delete the partitions, and reallocate the space if
> there is nothing important in there.

I suppose you mean using gparted or some such?

> Or just reuse the space for some other purpose.
>
> I'd probably leave it till I need to test another distro, unless I
> needed the space.

Thanks. I haven't finished testing the second distro yet, and I do not
need the space. I was just wondering if there would be a proper way of
deleting one of the two distros in use. For example simply
re-allocating the space would not change grub.

Thanks,

Neil