Re: [LUG] Class 2 SSL certificate

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 08:34:38AM +0000, Tremayne, Steve wrote:
> Henry - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this and who you went with in
> the end...

Bit of background. Under Indian Company Law certain forms can be submitted
with an electronic ID: see
http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/AboutFiling.html

This would make life much easier: no need to send signed documents by
courier etc etc.

However to submit the forms you need a digital ID and I was referred to
www.herald.co.uk. The problem however is what digital ID is acceptable and
this is where Herald came into their own. Theoretically any Class 2 ID
should be acceptable but India have mandated only their own providers:
http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/certifying-new_1.html

(If you follow the link you begin to understand why as everything then
links through to money laundering and tax avoidance)

Finally to use efiling certain software is required
http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/prerequisite.html

No surprises there.

So at some point I will need to install Windows on my system. I know Bad
Apple says it is easy and I know if I manage to install Windows on my
system in a window then it will make life easier for me for other things
but it is a headache I do not want.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately