Re: [LUG] BB question any bt users out there

They do need to come in the signal doesn't get out!
Tom te tom te tom

On 6 Oct 2014 20:41, "Eion MacDonald" <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/10/2014 20:07, Tom wrote:
> my new router offers those bt subscribers some of my bandwidth. Given
> that they'd have to come into the house to use it I was wondering if it
> did limit my bandwidth or does it just restrict me when someone wants some?
> Tom te tom te tom

No they do not have to come into house.
It is a separate wireless part of the total bandwidth (about 10% of wifi
 spectrum).
Not part of the total you can use.
You can allow it or disallow it
In my village the 8 or so BT routers have this so there are hot spots in
front of a number of houses.
e.g. BT wifi with FON is available to others.
If you  try for the wireless networks available at  your house, you will
find 3 related ones:
Your BT wifi ( with secure access) Router main name
 BT- Wifi with FON (unsecured) open to all comers.
 BT wifi (unsecured)

I have had it switched on these past 8 years and do not notice any use,
except when my neighbour has lost his ISP connection then he piggy backs
on my wifi to do his email,
--
regards
Eion MacDonald