Re: [LUG] File search GUI

On 06/10/14 13:46, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, Tom wrote:

On 06/10/14 09:37, Tom wrote:
Catfish appears to have developed to a state of complicated
simplicity where It can even find a pdf on my system anymore.
Anyone know of a decent file search gui? Tom te tom te tom

Newer versions of the thunar file manager seem to have a good search
tool built in,  but you're right about catfish it seems rather useless
at times.

However others report no problems, so it could either be down to the
version you are using or the OS you are using with that installed on
being a pain in the backside and stopping catfish from working properly.

Bizzarly the thunar search seems to point to catfish - but the front
end doesnt seem to allow subdirs, choice of search engine etc. I'm on
the latest ubuntus'. Its all gone windows on me!

whatever happened to locate ...

Gordon

Its meant to be one of the options of catfish - but no way to select it on mine..
Tom te tom te tom