Re: [LUG] bash vulnerability

>> Even in a C program, system() uses /bin/sh.
>>
>> And it turns out a lot of Linux systems just link /bin/sh to /bin/bash. Game over.
>>

>humm - yes ....bollox ... its going to be a busy weekend.
Ah... my thoughts too.

I've got a NAS running OpenMediaVault (which is based on Debian squeeze) and whilst
my desktop PC running Bodhi has an updated bash, the NAS doesn't.

And that's the one with an internet facing apache installation...

Poo.

Looks like I'd better start paying attention to those logs more closely...

grep '{' *.log doesn't appear to show anything (so far...) :)

> already patching my first compromised router - a Cisco Linksys ... when awol lunch
> time yesterday after 5 years of solid service...

Hmm.. not thought of that.

OpenWRT & pfSense seem ok...