Re: [LUG] Unnecessary Questions

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:33:36 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 14/09/14 13:21, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >
> > Am I right to be getting annoyed with all this,
>
> Yes
>
> > or am I missing something?
>
> Depends if you give the correct answer to annoying questions, or just
> record the random answer you gave them.

Not random exactly, I have some names and DOB's ready to use as
necessary. I choose one when I think that the questions are too
obtrusive.

> DoB is sometimes a security question, and sometimes used to validate
> age. Either way any date from before 21 years ago should work for most
> services, so pick one and record it.

Which I do, but it should not be necessary. Some of these questions
should not be asked in the first place. And it is no good leaving it
blank.

Incorrect DoB might be a terms of service violation with some