Re: [LUG] Are BT really toadally incompetent?

On 9 Sep 2014, at 10:41, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My ISP offloaded their broaband stuff to the co-op who couldn't offer a deal anywhere near as cheap as BT (£19 v £8 unlimited) and as I've had a lot of problems with the line I swallowed my pride (used to work for them and know too much) and put an order on line and went to get the mac code. A few days later got the mac code couldnt find the order online!! Phoned up they couldn't find it so put in a new one (over 18 mths as opposed to 12 mths this time )&)(*) with a switch over today. Got the router a couple of days ago..
Just got a phone call from them trying to sell me broadband. After much merriment the girl checked and the order was 'broken' she reckoned. However the deal was now £7.50 unlimited over 12mth contract. Gave them the MAC code again - BT system wont accept it . Phoned provider to check mac code - they swear its fine. Check BT site - seems to match their example MAC's ok ... but computer says no.
Oh dear...
Tom te tom te tom

utterly mixed experience - the budget stuff isn’t worth the effort - the high end stuff works flawlessly.

Personally a Standard line with Standard broadband is about 3 weeks lead time - 1 for the line + 2 for the ADSL.  and works out at £32 - £38
 depending on distance from the exchange.