Re: [LUG] O'Reilly Community News letter revamp.

On 06/09/14 10:23, Joseph Bennie wrote:

Hi all,

In the early days, I was around when O'Reilly came to actual lug meet ups and ever
since I've had more direct contact with them in an informal basis.

Recently there was a change of guard as some folks moved on to other community
projects and the current team felt like revamping the O'Reilly Community project.

They shouted out for feedback on the newsletter in particular - a PDF with lots of
embedded links and the community requested the format be changed to be more
transparent.

You would not believe how shocked they were when we demanded a plain text version!
The Community team have however come good and this month the first ever text version
and an online html version are available, the Pdf is gone and the content more
readable. (subject to being dazzled by the cyan links!)

So If you have a moment please can you visit these new online versions and share
your thoughts on the list, or sign up to receive the letter, as i don't think its
appropriate to just forward the text version to the list for all the reasons i can
think but mostly thats so 1998!

text version
http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4babc22b9b74ea96c4cc6ca7a&id=f746a7d0d3&e=610de99cf4

html version
http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4babc22b9b74ea96c4cc6ca7a&id=969eecdc36&e=610de99cf4

Thanks
Jay

Also for random conversation at the next meet up - can you go to the site
www.oreilly.com, and Search for your last book and find out what your last O'Reilly
picture was ?

You can find it in the book detail page i.e.-
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029564.do?sortby=publicationDate   Click
Colophon for the full description of the animal.

:)

One of the books on sale in sept is 'Designing Mobile Payment Experiences' . My lower intestine has promised to strangle me if I think of reading that.....
Tom te tom te tom