Re: [LUG] Nexus 10 + Cyanogonmod

On 31/08/14 11:45, Tom wrote:
> Is it a nexus 7 or 10? Try this:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices
> I've nearly reclaimed my office from the chicken and ducks and will be
> borking my 5 soon...

Good idea - I'm having a go at that right now. Apparently I should stick
to computers because I'm really not doing very well with the elementary
job of re-flashing a Nexus 10 with Cyanogenmod. It's got to the point
now where I'm pretty much just looking for random recovery and install
images to fling at it to see what sticks. Cyanongenmod in it's various
nightly, stable and RC editions just results in the same hung boot screen.

I'm actually pretty suspicious at this stage: sure, I'm pretty new to
this but because it's starting to piss me off inevitably I've started
reading and there is nothing to explain why my device won't just work
like everyone elses. It's probably a duff unit.

On the other hand, Ubuntu has just booted on it and is setting itself up
now. I'd not even considered running Ubuntu on this (especially as this
is supposed to be a present for my parents, not another experimental toy
for me) but anything's better than walled garden crapware. If it
actually finishes successfully I'll give it a test and serious
consideration. My Mum's OS of choice is Linux anyway :]

Regards