[LUG] Motherboard Linux Compatibility

Hi All,

The onboard NIC on my motherboard is dying rapidly, and it seems an opportune moment to upgrade (which I have been planning anyway). I was looking at this bundle on Amazon - http://tinyurl.com/qf7skqg - but of course the one thing I need to be sure of is Linux compatibility. I use Mint 17 so I tried searching for the motherboard model + Linux and/or Mint17 + compatibility but couldn't find anything. A friend said Gigabyte are generally pretty well behaved, but I'd like to be as sure as I can be. Any advice please? I would be matching it to 8Gb of Crucial Ballistix XT RAM (2x4Gb matched pair) and an SSD as (I've mentioned before) my HDD seems to be dying slowly as the I/O errors on backup seem to be increasing.

Kind regards,

Julian