Re: [LUG] Skype version

On 09/08/14 11:47, Julian Hall wrote:

> I had the same message, but I am /already/ running 4.3.0.37 so I think
> it's just a spam sent by Skype to every user.

The email is rather cryptically worded. Implying that it might actually
be to anyone who has ever connected using the "old" version, regardless
of what they might be using now.

Downloading from random websites is a rather unusual way to do things,
especially with something which is typically in the OS repositories anyway.

There was also something a few days ago about odd things happening with
respect to Skype on OSX.

So looks like Microsoft are doing something major with Skype, though
it's unclear exactly what this might be.