[LUG] Fwd: FabLab Devon - Call for Volunteers

>From their email list.

I'll quit the reposting of FabLab now unless there is something more
FLOSS specific, so sign-up to their mailing list if you are into
hardware hacking or 3D printing.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        FabLab Devon - Call for Volunteers
Date:   Mon, 4 Aug 2014 12:01:52 +0000

  Volunteers Wanted

      Recruiting now to the Exeter lab.

      Have we missed you?

It's taken us quite a while to get everything about the FabLab
organised, but we are finally putting the last pieces of the jigsaw into
place. We did an initial sweep for Volunteers a few months ago and over
30 people signed up, many of whom are about to undergo the new induction
process.

This email is designed to catch up with those of you who have expressed
an interest in volunteering, but who have not yet made the connection
with us for whatever reason.

We are now looking to finish this process and sign up *two* further
waves of volunteers.

In the *first wave* we are looking for people who have existing skills
related to the equipment and activities that the lab offers (see the
website for details of what we're using, etc).

In the *second wave*, we're looking for people who are enthusiastic to
help out, but will perhaps need more training, as they might not be
familiar with the equipment or processes.

We'd like to recruit to the first wave by the end of August, and to the
second wave by the end of October.

As a volunteer you'll still be a paid-up member of the lab, but will
benefit from enhanced training and equipment access in return for your
time, devotion to assisting others with their projects, and generally
helping to run and improve the lab by leading courses, authoring
training material, etc.

If you'd like to know more, please download the handbook and application
form from our website:

http://fablabdevon.org/downloads/FabLab_Volunteers_Handbook.pdf
<http://fablabdevon.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b8a10c99f56bd80ad9ba5aaa5&id=6fd1b0e0cc&e=db08a3f617>

http://fablabdevon.org/downloads/FabLab_Volunteer_EOI.pdf
<http://fablabdevon.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8a10c99f56bd80ad9ba5aaa5&id=349038052d&e=db08a3f617>

If you wish to submit an EoI form, it would be very helpful if you could
indicate whether you think you are a first or second wave applicant.
Please add this information in the 'Areas of Expertise' box.

For further information, or to discuss volunteering in more detail,
simply reply to this email.

We thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a FabLab Devon
volunteer.

Best regards
Mike