Re: [LUG] Updated data for FTTC in Devon & Somerset

On 31/07/14 11:00, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 30/07/14 13:17, Gordon Henderson wrote:

In-case you're not aware, the powers that be have updated the data &
maps for the region.

Start here:

http://www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk/where-when/

And joy of joys.... I'm in a thin strip of "Out of Program". A strip
litreally 30 metres wide bordered by big areas of "Under Consideration".

Bother.

Can we launch some sort of campaign on the lug website to get decent
coverage, maybe an article or blog post,  that people here can reply to
(even with something like +1,  combined with a twitter (for those who
have it)  to show there is a NEED.

I think you'll find that the powers that be consider 90% to actually be
decent coverage - and I have to agree with them.

The effort to upgrade the cabinet that feeds me which supplies about
20-30 houses won't be considered economically viable.

It'll happen in-time, just not next year now.

I would have a 100Mb leased line by now, but I can't justify the cost )-:

Gordon

I would imagine 90% of people in devon are connected to cabinets with less than 10 houses.
Tom te tom te tom