Re: [LUG] Fwd: Linux kernel version for jessie

On 30/07/14 18:41, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Looks like Debian 8 (jessie) is coming very soon,
>
> Paul

I'm afraid you've got a bit mixed up there: the Jessie dev freeze isn't
until Nov 2014, release won't be until comfortably into 2015 (and it
will be late as usual, which is ok with Debian - better late and great
than rushed and crappy).

The Debian Kernel maintainers email you quoted simply says the devs have
chosen the *kernel version* - 3.16 - that they will be using for Jessie,
which is quite a different thing.

But it is good to know that Debian is cracking on as usual (I'm on that
mailing list too incidentally).

Cheers