Re: [LUG] Servers

Do you still have the servers would be happy to take them off your hands, I live in exeter, where a outs are you

Cheers

Damian

On 6 Jul 2014 20:23, "bad apple" <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am clearing stuff out at work and will shortly have some big old boxes
to get rid of: Dell PowerEdge 2800 & 2900, some old 1U Proliant DLs,
etc. These aren't anything special: mostly single socket Xeons or in
some cases Pentium D CPUs, 2 or 4Gb ECC RAM, some have ILOs, some don't,
all have at least 2 gigabit NICs, that sort of thing. All are physically
in good condition (they've lived in racks all their life after all) and
working. For obvious reasons, I've removed *all* hard drives so they
need variously SATA, SCSI or SAS disks.

They're not worth selling, weigh far too much to ship anywhere and suck
too much power to do too little work commercially. But if any hobbiest
wants some proper server gear to play with and is willing to come and
pick them up, they're free to a good home. The two Dells particularly
are really big and heavy though (4U).

Contact me if you're interested.

Cheers