Re: [LUG] Adblock

On 08/07/14 21:11, Simon Avery wrote:
> "AdBlock Plus sued by German marketing companies"
>
> http://www.neowin.net/news/adblock-plus-sued-by-german-marketing-companies
>
> Okay, was going to happen sooner or later, but I expected the Americans
> to be first. What I didn't expect was the news that Adblock had been
> taking money to auto-whitelist certain ad-generating domains. I'm a
> little disappointed by that as this was one of my "go to" game-changer
> plugins.
>
> "Awfully nice banner ad you've got there guv, be a shame if something
> was to happen to it..."
>
> Not sure who I support here. Authors of a free-to-use plugin who have
> been taking bribes, or advertising agencies angry their competitors are
> giving those bribes.

That's an easy one:

https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

I still use adblock plus religiously - I just always disable the
"non-intrusive" adverts as well. It's common knowledge that adblock plus
has had this 'feature' for a while and also that people can pay them to
be 'vetted' and allowed through the filter isn't it? There was a massive
fuss about it when it came out a while ago.

Regards