Re: [LUG] Updates

On 06/07/14 18:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> That's OK. I realise that you are looking out for my best interests.
> But let me emphasise again, I was just wondering about the very, very
> rare occasion such as my gedt example above. I certainly would never
> consider not running updates as and when they appear.
>
> Thanks,  Neil

You make a fair point - sometimes 'updates' can really ruin your day
when features are arbitrarily abandoned, UIs are mangled and
implementation details are butchered. Denying updates does have a place
sometimes, as long as you know what you are doing.

What you're looking for is this:

http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

Be careful!

Cheers