Re: [LUG] Permissions are a pain

don't you just add "user" or is it "users" to the fstab?

On 27 June 2014 17:48, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I must be missing something ....

I have a USB stick which I formatted to ext4. When I right click on
it and look at the properties it shows the owner as root, and the
permissions are grayed out. ÂHowever I can create a new folder and also
copy and/or paste using my file manager.

I have another stick, also formatted to ext4. Again the properties are
showing like the one above, grayed out, owner is root etc. But this one
is useless to me, I can't create a folder or copy/paste.

I cannot see that I have done anything different with them. I have been
playing around with permissions but can't seem to get anywhere. If
anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be very grateful,

thanks

Neil